Profile and history
In 1923, Albert Schnitzler built the first hand drill, known in German as a Metallbohrdreher. This drill was the origin for the name Metabo. Today with more than 25 worldwide subsidiaries, Metabo products are available in almost any country around the globe.
In addition to corded products, Metabo is also fully committed to developing a completely cordless construction site. With the introduction of its new LiHD battery packs, Metabo continues to be on the leading edge of battery technology development, providing batteries that now provide corded like power anywhere you need it.
Holding more than 700 patents and property rights, Metabo produces leading tools for the metalworking, industrial, construction, and renovation industries around the globe.
- Manufacturer of professional power tools and accessories
- 2,000 employees worldwide, 1,200 of whom are based in Nürtingen, Germany
- More than 50 trainees and BA students
- Export quota 2020: 80 percent
- Best mid-sized employer in the industry of finished materials and consumer goods (Focus, 2019)
- Well over 550 patents and registered designs
- Production facilities in Nürtingen and Shanghai